CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The law of Christ Ahnsahnghong.

When I came to the Church of God World Mission Society a few years ago, I learned about how important it is to keep the commands of God. I eagerly wanted to share with my family, friends and cohorts what I had learned, but many of the responses that I received were unexpected.

I heard the following:

"We do not need to keep God's commands, I believe in God...that's enough. Faith...Faith...Faith."
or
"The law is a curse, so why should I keep the law?"
or
"Jesus Christ abolished the law."
(really? Matthew 5:17)

What I never knew before is that there are two laws existing in the Bible: the law of Moses and the law of Christ.

1 Corithinans 9:21
21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law)

Galatians 6:2
2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

There is a law of Moses that we find in the Old Testament (2 Kings 23:25, John 1:17), but as those who believe the Bible, we cannot neglect that there is also a law of Christ.

When Jesus Christ came the law of Moses ended and the law of Christ began.

Christ Ahnsahnghong also taught us about the purpose of the law.
As believers, why do we need to keep the law?

0 comments: