CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Christ Ahnsahnghong let us know His commands

Growing up, I must say, I was not the most obedient child. I wanted to do things my way, and did not usually understand the wisdom of my parents--seeing situations near-sightedly. I did not realize at the time, but every rule, suggestion, and teaching that they gave me was for my protection, because they cared about my well-being.


In the same way, at the beginning of my spiritual life, I did not see that God had a plan for the redemption of my soul, and that God gave me God's commands for a purpose--so that I may live (Ezekiel 20:21).

According to the Bible, God is mystery:

Colossians 2:2-3
2My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

God is a mystery, but how can we now this mystery of God. Before coming to the Church of God World Mission Society, I thought that I could know God through my own method, but God never said that. God actually taught us, through the Bible, how we can know God.

God said:

1 John 2:3-6
3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him.

If we obey God's commands we know God.

With that being said, did not God command us to keep the Sabbath Day? (Exodus 20:8, Exodus 31:12-13) This is the 4th commandment of God!

Without keeping the Sabbath, can we profess to know God?
Can we say that we love God without obedience to God (1 John 5:3)?

Believers in God cannot answer with our own opinion. We have to ask ourselves "What does God say?"

0 comments: