CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Have you ever heard of Zion?"

"Have you ever heard of Zion?"

I have met many people who say they have. Some know it as the sanctuary from simulated life in the movie "the Matrix". For others, "Zion" is the title of the catchy and slightly patriotic song Lauryn Hill put out in 1998. Even I can recollect seeing the word "Zion" while riding down the streets of my old neighborhood: "Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church", "African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church", etc...

But, what is Zion in God's point of view?

"But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect." (Hebrews 12:22-23)

"And I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads." (Revelation 14:1)

Before coming to the Church of God, I was never shown these verses before. I didn't know that the true children of God receive salvation from Almighty God only in Mount Zion. Once I learned, Zion became more to me than just a word, or a fairy tale, or a name to give ones child. Zion became essential. Zion became my sactuary; it is where God promised to protect me from all disasters.

The location of Zion was top-secret and classified--hidden and restricted. Now, the location has been disclosed. Christ Ahnsahnghong let me know where the true Zion is. I want to share what I learned...

0 comments: