CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Concerning Idolatry

Many Christians see the 10 commandments as the regulations that they must follow to enter the Kingdom of Heaven...

Before coming into the Church of God World Mission Society, I thought that I kept them all. In the earthly since, I did good deeds to my neighbor--I was an upstanding citizen. I believed in God, and thought that I put God first.

After carefully studying the 10 commandments, I saw something in a different light...

What did God say concerning idolatry?

Exodus 20:4-6

4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Clearly God said that we cannot make idols; those that love God will keep even this commandment. At the time I first studied this at the Church of God World Mission Society, I had heard this commandment before, but I did not really know what it meant. I knew that I did not want to show hatred towards God, so I had to find out--

What is an idol?
What I was shown through the Bible shocked me.


0 comments: